We want to identify the most promising young thought leaders in crypto.
Ever since Satoshi Nakamoto posted his first thoughts about a “peer-to-peer version of electronic cash,” the blockchain has unleashed a tidal wave of innovation, with it’s most notable application to date being cryptocurrency. You can find plenty of commentary, speculation, and criticism about what the blockchain and cryptocurrency mean to society, but we feel that some voices are missing.
To this end, we’re pleased to announce the CoinIQ Future of Cryptocurrency Scholarship – an initiative aimed at identifying, and rewarding the most promising young cryptocurrency thought leaders across the United States and Canada.
In order to apply, you need to write a 500-word essay on the following prompt.
What role will cryptocurrency play in society, 5 years from now?
There is no minimum GPA, and students across high school, undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate levels are all encouraged to apply.
The following awards are available:
- The first place winner will receive $1,000 USD in scholarship money and be featured in an exclusive interview with CoinIQ.com about the future of cryptocurrency.
- The first runner-up will receive $500 USD in scholarship money.
- The second runner-up will receive $250 USD in scholarship money.
The winning essays will be determined by holistically evaluating the overall quality of each essay. Factors considered here include creativity, originality, and thoughtful articulation of their message.
How to Enter
This scholarship is merit-based, and applicants will be evaluated based on a 500-word essay they will write about the following prompt: What role will cryptocurrency play in society, 5 years from now?
All submissions must be emailed to [email protected] by August 31st, 2018, no later than 11:59PM Pacific Time, and include the applicant’s name, address, and contact details of the institution they attend. The title of the email submission should follow the following format: “Title of Essay – Name of Applicant – Name of Institution.”
Winners will be announced on our website on September 14th, 2018 at 7:00AM Pacific Time.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a high school, undergraduate program, graduate program, or post-graduate program at an institution in Canada or the US.
- No purchase necessary. There is no fee of any kind required in order for students to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants under the age of majority in their province or state must have the permission of a parent or guardian to participate.
- Applicants must be enrolled in either a high school, undergraduate program, graduate program, or post-graduate program in the U.S or Canada.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Essays must be sent to [email protected] and include the applicant’s name, address, and contact details of the institution they attend. The title of the email submission should follow the following format: “Title of Essay – Name of Applicant – Name of Institution.” Example: “My Thoughts on the Future of Cryptocurrency – Jane Doe – Harvard University.”
- Winners must provide a valid ID and transcript of the institution they attend.
- Employees or contributors of CoinIQ’s parent company, AdMark Technologies Ltd., as well as any of their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state/provincial, or local taxes.
- The deadline for applications is August 31, 2018 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
- The winners will be announced on CoinIQ’s website on September 14, 7:00AM Pacific Time.
- The prize will be paid out in US dollars.
- The decision of CoinIQ in respect of any dispute arising out of this program shall be final.
- Applicants are only allowed one submission. Multiple submissions will be disregarded.
- The prize will be awarded by domestic wire transfer if the student attends an institution in Canada, and by international wire transfer if the student attends an institution in the United States.