Last revised on: June 13, 2018
Personal information which may be collected about the users to the website located at www.coiniq.com (the “Site”) is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”) and, to the extent applicable, the Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). AdMark Technologies Ltd. (the “Company”) takes your privacy and the collection, storage and maintenance of your personal information seriously.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as an individual’s name, address, birth date, e-mail address and phone number.
Collection and use of personal information
If you send us e-mail, we may collect your email address, your internet IP address and your message so that we may reply to you. We may also collect any other personal information you choose to provide to us, such as your name or telephone number. Sensitive personal information should not be sent to us unencrypted over the Internet or by e-mail.
Except as expressly set forth in the Terms of Service for the Site (found at www.coiniq.com/terms), the personal information we collect is only used for the original purposes it was collected or in a manner consistent with those purposes. We may disclose your personal information, to the extent necessary, in the following circumstances:
- to third-party contractors or service providers that assist in the improvement and maintenance of the Site;
- to our affiliates, successors and assigns;
- in connection with a corporate transaction such as a merger, consolidation, share sale or asset sale;
- in connection with the bankruptcy or insolvency of the Company or our affiliates, successors and assigns;
- to protect the safety of any person or to address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- as otherwise directed by you.
Aggregate or de-identified data
We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products and services, including the Site.
If we receive a subpoena, warrant, discovery order or other request or order from a law enforcement agency, court, other governmental entity, or litigant that seeks data relating to the Site (collectively a “Legal Request”), we will make reasonable attempts to direct the requesting party to seek the data directly from you. If we ask the requesting party to direct the request to you, we will provide your contact information to the requesting party. If legally compelled to produce information and unless legally prohibited, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you so they can notify you as permitted by law. We will direct any requests for information under data protection laws to you, unless prohibited by law.
Protection of personal information
We protect your personal information by using industry standard security arrangements against unauthorized access or disclosure. Access to systems, applications and data is restricted to authorized individuals of the Company only unless otherwise provided herein.
Links to other sites
The privacy policies for third party applications and websites vary and may differ from the policies stated herein. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other applications or websites.
Users from the European Union
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws grant you certain rights in relation to your personal information. Where applicable to you, you can:
- request access to your personal information and how we process it;
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you;
- ask us to delete your personal information;
- object to us processing your personal information;
- request the restriction (temporarily or permanently) of processing of your personal information;
- request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party;
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
Note that withdrawing your consent to our processing of your information will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. You should also be aware that if you do withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. Where this is the case, we will let you know at the time you withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have withdrawn your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Applicants of the CoinIQ Future of Cryptocurrency Scholarship
Scholarship rules and guidelines may be found at www.coiniq.com/future-of-cryptocurrency-scholarship. We may collect the following information from each applicant:
- First and Last Name;
- E-mail or mailing address;
- Name of the educational institution they attend;
- Institution ID and transcript;
- Response to an essay question; and
- Wire transfer information for the winners of the scholarship.
Questions and concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please contact [email protected], or mail us at:
AdMark Technologies Ltd.
11819 10th Avenue NW